- About AmSAT
- Find a Teacher
- Alexander Technique
- Teacher Training
- Classes & Events
Teacher Training Centers
AmSAT approved teacher training courses are places to develop personally while learning the art and craft of becoming a skilled professional, a teacher of the Alexander Technique.
The requirements for AmSAT teacher certification are specified in the AmSAT Bylaws and include the completion of 1,600 hours of training over a minimum of three years at an AmSAT-approved Teacher Training Course. AmSAT Teacher Training Courses maintain a five-to-one student/teacher ratio as specified in the Bylaws.
To receive Board approval, an AmSAT Teacher Training Course must meet the requirements of the Training Approval Committee (TAC). The TAC periodically reevaluates each of AmSAT's teacher training programs and their directors.
- Alexander Technique Training Course East Bay (ATTC-EB)
- Alexander Technique Center - San Diego (ATC-SD)
- Alexander Training Institute of Los Angeles (ATI-LA)
- The Alexander Educational Center (TAEC)
- Alexander Technique Teacher Training in San Diego (ATTTiSD)
- The Northern California Center for the Alexander Technique (NCCAT)
- Alexander Technique Milwaukee (ATMKE)