- About AmSAT
- Find a Teacher
- Alexander Technique
- Teacher Training
- Classes & Events
Alexander Group Class: Re-Discover Your Natural Ease/Sundays/ 5-6:15pm
Date:Sunday, September 16, 2012 - Sunday, November 11, 2012
39 W 14th St. #507New York, NY 10011
Contact Phone #:1 (646) 246-7983
Only For Students
In this series of eight classes we will explore the principles of the Alexander Technique and seek to deepen our understanding and use of the Technique in our daily lives. A great introduction to the Technique, I also welcome students with all levels of experience – however little or much – who want to expand or refresh their skills. Class size limited, register early!
In class we will explore:
- Tension patterns you may be experiencing and how to move out of them.
- Freeing the natural breath.
- The integration of the head-neck-back relationship.
- Choosing response vs. reaction.
- The functional anatomy of our movement.
- The impact of our thought on our bodies.
- Everyday movements like walking, reaching and bending, as well as specialized activities from your daily life (such as public speaking, performing arts, computer and desk work, meditation and yoga postures, etc.).
Dates: Sundays, Sept. 16th - Nov 11th (no class Oct. 21)
Time: 5-6:15 pm
Class registration includes one individual lesson for each participant
Fee: $240 by August 25th, $275 thereafter.
Location: The American Center for the Alexander Technique, 39 W 14th St.
To register: firstname.lastname@example.org or 646.246.7983
More information: www.amiraglaser.com