- About AmSAT
- Find a Teacher
- Alexander Technique
- Teacher Training
- Classes & Events
Clear Eye, Light Touch: Yoga & the Alexander Technique for Teachers
Date:Tuesday, July 8, 2014 - Friday, July 11, 2014
Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health
57 Interlaken RdStockbridge, MA 01262
Contact Phone #:1 (917) 699-0239
A great opportunity for in-depth study of the inspired blend of Yoga and the Alexander Technique.
For yoga teachers and serious practitioners.
Learning the principles of the Alexander Technique can help you sharpen your perceptions and clarify your responses to students’ physical challenges. A gentle touch can offer a subtle yet powerful message that allows students to evolve safely, at their own pace.
Experience for yourself the Alexander Technique’s principles of efficient movement. A method for solving back problems, relieving pain, and enhancing performance, the Alexander Technique offers a way to guide your students toward a more comfortable, joyful practice. Through observation and exploration, you learn to
- Analyze common movement habits that limit range or cause injury
- Help your students unravel limiting constrictions
- Free the crucial juncture between head and spine
- Tune into your own body as the vehicle for clear, helpful touch
- “Listen” with your hands
- Observe and experience the profound changes elicited by a light touch
- Explore ways to use words and touch that encourage your students’ progress
- Promote the body’s resilience and buoyancy.
Join Joan Arnold to deepen your practice and become a more effective teacher.
Recommended reading Missy Vineyard, How You Stand, How You Move, How You Live (Marlowe).