- About AmSAT
- Find a Teacher
- Alexander Technique
- Teacher Training
- Classes & Events
Skill and Poise in the Art of Teaching Yoga: A Foundation Course in the Alexander Technique for Teachers of Yoga
Date:Friday, September 26, 2014 - Friday, June 26, 2015
The Breathing Project
15 W. 26th Street 10th FloorNew York, NY 10011
Contact Phone #:1 (917) 626-0425
Only For Students
Teaching yoga is a challenging profession! In every class, you must be a scientist, a philosopher, an artist, and a performer. To be an effective teacher, you must be integrated, embodied, and aware in every moment. This year-long immersion in the Alexander Technique, a century-old system of mind-body integration that has helped thousands of people the world over to unleash their innate potential, will help you find your center. For yoga teachers of any style. Read More.
The challenging and inspiring work of this foundation course will bring you face to face with your habitual patterns of restriction and limitation, in both body and mind, and will teach you how to release them in yourself and in your students.
• Learn to deal with the challenges of the classroom with grace and subtlety.
• Learn proven tools to create lasting change in yourself and your students.
• Become stronger and more resilient in mind and body.
• Become better at identifying limiting habit patterns in yourself and in others.
• Receive hands-on personal guidance in refining the key skills of every yoga teacher: observation, communication, vocal projection, demonstration, adjusting
Teacher-Student ratio will not exceed 1:7.
Each Trimester: $800
with Early Bird Discount: $750
Early Bird deadlines: 8/1/14, 11/14/14, 2/13/15
Full Year: $2300
with Early Bird Discount: $2100
Early Bird deadline: 8/1/14