- About AmSAT
- Find a Teacher
- Alexander Technique
- Teacher Training
- Classes & Events
Illuminating Your Postures: Yoga & the Alexander Technique
Date:Sunday, July 6, 2014 - Tuesday, July 8, 2014
Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health
57 Interlaken RdStockbridge, MA 01262
Contact Phone #:1 (917) 699-0239
For those interested in yoga, Kripalu offers a great opportunity to study this inspired blend in depth. Joan Arnold brings her passion for Alexander-infused yoga to Kripalu's nourishing environment, with great food, a divine spa, daily meditation and bodywork.
For all levels.
Do you encounter constricting habits you can’t overcome? Have some yoga poses defied your best efforts to master them? With the Alexander Technique, you learn how releasing tense muscles helps to reduce or eliminate chronic pain and expands your range, frees your breath, and illuminates your practice.
In this workshop, you learn how to
- Reveal your deeply held assumptions about breath, support, and effort
- Enliven your sensory awareness to perceive and release constrictions
- Free the crucial juncture between head and spine
- Relieve spinal compression to embody more ease in all your activities
- Tap into your natural breath to enhance postural alignment.
Undo the unconscious tension habits you bring to the mat and allow the body’s natural integration to emerge. Enjoy the power and buoyancy that come from balancing effort and ease.
10% discount for those who'd like to come for the week and take the subsequent course for teachers and serious practitioners -- Clear Eye, Light Touch.